Student News Site of Hinsdale South High School

Stinger

Stinger

Stinger

Kung Fu Panda 4
Kung Fu Panda 4
Miley Zhang, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024
The Hype About Water Bottles
The Hype About Water Bottles
Alyssa Pendon, Ally Tagudar • April 18, 2024
The bright orange design of a pickleball racket pops out on a court, supported by a traditional tennis racket.
A Real Pickle of a Debate
Jeremy Fung, Staff Writer • April 8, 2024

The Tortured Poets Department

Claire Weigus

On February 4th, 2024, the 66th annual Grammy presented Taylor Swift with album of  the year for Midnights. In her acceptance speech, Taylor gave her fans a surprise announcement of a brand new album called The Tortured Poets Department! It  will be her 11th album, and comes  after 2 re-recordings of her previous albums, 1989 and Speak Now. This will be her 5th album that isn’t going to be recorded under Scooter Braun, and is expected to come out April 19th 2024. 

A common pattern that Taylor Swift has kept up is that she releases a new album, and then 2 re-releases. It was noticed by fans after she released the twin albums Folklore and Evermore, and then released Fearless and Red (Taylor’s verizon). Eleven months later Taylor released Midnights, and soon after came 1989 and Speak Now  (Taylor’s version). Although some fans speculated that she would follow this pattern, the album Reputation is about Taylor breaking from her past patterns.

After receiving her award, Taylor took to Instagram to post what is presumed to be the album cover of the upcoming album. Miss Swift took her fans for a ride, because many speculated that Taylor was going to release a re-recording of her 2018 album Reputation. It is a black and white album, and after Taylor changed her profile picture to black and white, as well as wearing a black and white dress, many fans were certain she was going to confirm  what they have been thinking. But Taylor took it a step farther and introduced a brand new album instead.