Student News Site of Hinsdale South High School

Stinger

Stinger

Stinger

Art by Morgan James
The Ethics of A.I.
Morgan James, Staff Writer • May 10, 2024
Art by Alyssa Pendon and Rohan Joshi
What's with Recent Campus Protests?
Alyssa Pendon, Staff Writer • May 9, 2024
Principal, Dr. Hardy, states possible solutions and drafts that are already being put in place to the board. Also stating that many of the missing documents previously stated by board members, to in fact sent to them months ago.
A Visual Recap of the Board Meeting.
Elias Varesis, Staff Writer • May 8, 2024

Cowboy Carter

Cowboy+Carter

Beyoncé released her first country album, Cowboy Carter, on March 29th. The album was introduced by two singles: “Texas Hold ‘Em” and “16 Carriages.” Both songs were also released during this year’s Super Bowl. Already on multiple different platforms, the album features 27 tracks and has broken streaming records.

Since Beyonce’s new album had gained so much popularity it has brought more attention to other black country artists. Certain black female country artists have increased their streams by over 100% in just these past few weeks. This is extremely important since in the year 2022 black female country artists only took up 11% of airtime on the country radio. 

Although the album contains some country influence in how it was sung and produced, Beyoncé herself announced in an online post how her album is not a Country album and is a “Beyoncé album” instead. 

After this album was released, Beyoncé was able to achieve her eighth number one album on Billboard 200, and she was also able to become the first ever Black woman to have a number one country album.