Student News Site of Hinsdale South High School

Stinger

Stinger

Stinger

Art by Salam Bouso, Arts Editor
Expectations for the Met Gala
Natalia Vujovic, Staff Writer • May 2, 2024
Kung Fu Panda 4
Kung Fu Panda 4
Miley Zhang, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024
The Hype About Water Bottles
The Hype About Water Bottles
Alyssa Pendon, Ally Tagudar • April 18, 2024

Joey’s Afterglow’s Annual Toy Drive

Image+courtesy+of+%40hinsdale_south_high_school+
Image courtesy of @hinsdale_south_high_school

Joey’s Afterglow’s annual toy drive has officially kicked off!

The toy drive began as a part of the mission of Joey’s Afterglow in order to honor the life of Joey Ventimiglia by inspiring Random Acts of Kindness within not only the local community, but sharing Joey’s Afterglow across continents. By participating in the toy drive, the local community provides a way to commemorate Joey’s life, and keep the organization’s mission of joy and compassion thriving, as it spreads light and love. 

Last year, Joey’s Afterglow was able to collect two truckloads of toys, spreading the joy of gift giving with children in both Chicago and an area in Ukraine currently occupied by Russian forces. 

This year, Joey’s Afterglow is donating half of the toys collected to Luries Children Hospital in Chicago, a hospital that treated Joey, and half to a local Chicago organization, CRU Inner City Chicago, to support underprivileged communities. 

If you’d like to donate, stop by the counseling office or main entrance to drop off new, unopened and unwrapped toys by December 5th, or send them to Sierra Forest Products – West Chicago, IL before Thursday, December 7th!