Student News Site of Hinsdale South High School

Stinger

Stinger

Stinger

Kaitlyn Wongs collection of keychains
Student Collectors and their Miniature Museums
Noelle Waterman, Opinions Editor • February 29, 2024
An art piece of a Hinsdale South student juggling extracurriculars.
More or Less: The Secret to Success
Jake WatermanFebruary 26, 2024
Image created with Canva.
Boys' Gymnastics Makes Dismount From IHSA
Annika Nicol, Sports Editor • February 25, 2024

The Staff Variety Show Makes a Comeback

Yacine Ouchen
Ms. Wimsatt wearing a t-shirt created for the Staff Variety Show

The Staff Variety Show is officially back! After a short break, the Hinsdale High School Teachers Association (HHSTA) is presenting the Staff Talent show once again. 

This Thursday (2/7), at 7pm, in the auditorium, more than two dozen of our favorite teachers, former staff, and members of our security will be performing. Acts will vary from skits, musical performances, and more. In addition to live acts, video performances will also be presented. 

“The faculty show is so fun to do,” stated Ms. Wimsatt. “And teachers should have their own time to practice more.”

After Hurricane Katrina, the Staff Variety Show was started as a fundraiser to raise money in order to give aid to the aftermath. The fundraiser, however, was a great success, especially with the money raised, courtesy of the big student attendance. Now, the proceeds of the Show will go to the HHSTA Scholarship Fund, which will be awarded to a few graduating seniors at South.

Mr. Waterman is excited to be featured in a video for the Variety Show. (Yacine Ouchen)

Overall, the night will be filled with costumes, dances, and a lot more. Tickets will be $5 at the door, and the proceeds will benefit a good cause. We hope to see you there!

Appearances will include: Ms. Mayer, Ms. Nodelman, Ms. Johnson, Mr. Yuska, Ms. Gallen, Ms. Hettinger, Ms. Howard, Ms. Wimsatt, Ms. Horacek, Mr. Gumban, Ms. Lohmeyer, Ms. Parker, Ms. Alexander, Ms. Corson, Ms. Gibson, Mr. Martzolk, Mr. Arroyo, Mr. Cazzato, Mr. Moore, Ms. Phillip, Ms. Polacek, Mr. Tadla, Mr. Gotlund, and Mr. Hallihan and more.