Student News Site of Hinsdale South High School

Stinger

Stinger

Stinger

Kaitlyn Wongs collection of keychains
Student Collectors and their Miniature Museums
Noelle Waterman, Opinions Editor • February 29, 2024
An art piece of a Hinsdale South student juggling extracurriculars.
More or Less: The Secret to Success
Jake WatermanFebruary 26, 2024
Image created with Canva.
Boys' Gymnastics Makes Dismount From IHSA
Annika Nicol, Sports Editor • February 25, 2024

National Cookie Day

Parth Joshi
Chocolate Chip Cookies

On Monday, both foodies and those with a sweet tooth will gather to celebrate one of the most delightful delectables of our day: the cookie.

National Cookie Day was started unofficially in 1976, when the television program Sesame Street included the new holiday on its calendar on November 26 (with Cookie Monster being introduced four years later). Twelve years later, in an effort to boost sales during the festive season, Matt Nader of the San Francisco-based Blue Chip Cookie Company set a new date to celebrate the occasion: December 4.

For the last thirty-six years, National Cookie Day has become even more prominent in popular culture. Every December 4th, restaurants and food chains will offer unique deals only available on that day. At Jimmy John’s, Freaky Fast Rewards members will be able to have free cookies and Potbelly customers will receive a free cookie with the purchase of an entree. Finally, Subway has launched the footlong cookie and is offering a buy one footlong sandwich, get one footlong cookie deal. This deal is only at certain locations, with the closest one to Hinsdale South being in Chicago at 604 S. Wabash Ave. So don’t wait to bake or buy that next batch of snickerdoodle, chocolate chip, or oatmeal raisin and enjoy National Cookie Day!