Student News Site of Hinsdale South High School

Stinger

Stinger

Stinger

Kung Fu Panda 4
Kung Fu Panda 4
Miley Zhang, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024
The Hype About Water Bottles
The Hype About Water Bottles
Alyssa Pendon, Ally Tagudar • April 18, 2024
The bright orange design of a pickleball racket pops out on a court, supported by a traditional tennis racket.
A Real Pickle of a Debate
Jeremy Fung, Staff Writer • April 8, 2024

Wrapping Up the Year with Spotify

Salam Bouso
Art by Salam Bouso

As the end of the year approaches, it is finally time for Spotify Wrapped to be released. Spotify Wrapped showcases each user information about what their activity was like on Spotify. It displays certain statistics and messages from artists based on how much and what a person listened to. It was initially released in 2016 as a marketing campaign since it gives people the option to share a compilation of the statistics of what they listened to onto different social media platforms. 

This year Spotify added a new feature called “Sound Town,” which matches a user with a city based on where their taste in music is the most popular. 

For the past three years, Bad Bunny held the spot as the most streamed artist in the entire world, but this year Taylor Swift took his spot.

Since Spotify Wrapped offers so many personalized messages and information from throughout the entire year that is also visually appealing, this encourages Spotify users to spend more time using it. Many people share their information from their Spotify Wrapped onto social media which influences their followers to join Spotify and follow each other’s profiles. Although many people look forward to receiving their statistics at the end of the year, others find it creepy that Spotify has so much data and information about each user and their habits.