Student News Site of Hinsdale South High School

Stinger

Stinger

Stinger

Kung Fu Panda 4
Kung Fu Panda 4
Miley Zhang, Staff Writer • April 18, 2024
The Hype About Water Bottles
The Hype About Water Bottles
Alyssa Pendon, Ally Tagudar • April 18, 2024
The bright orange design of a pickleball racket pops out on a court, supported by a traditional tennis racket.
A Real Pickle of a Debate
Jeremy Fung, Staff Writer • April 8, 2024

The Return of a Classic: Fortnite OG

The Return of a Classic: Fortnite OG

The old Fortnite map came back, and it’s been all the rage the past few weeks; because of it, the game reached its all-time peak of over 44 million players jumping from the battle bus in one day.

Fortnite, starting out as a simple zombie defense game, has become a battle royale like no other. Launching in August of 2017, it was an instant hit. Since then, the game has evolved a tremendous amount, bringing new cosmetics, ways of transportation, maps, and game mechanics. This update, Fortnite OG, was a season that both current and past players got to enjoy.

This update restored the old Fortnite map from 2018 as well as nostalgic weapons and items. Tens of millions of players returned to Fortnite so they could play the old map one last time before it would change. Many Fortnite streamers also expressed their excitement for the return of the classic version they knew and loved.

Of participants of our survey, over 70% played during the season and many shared positive opinions on the update. Numerous respondents expressed that it was a perfect blast to the past with it being nostalgic and extremely entertaining.

Epic Games has announced that the original Fortnite map will be returning in 2024, something that the gaming community will eagerly anticipate.