Ready, Set…Spike!

Layan Al-Khaled, News Editor

With their season halfway done, Hinsdale South boys volleyball team has made one thing clear: they didn’t come to play. Or rather, they did, and are crushing it. 

With wins against Riverside Brookfield, Fenton, and York, the team’s achievements are beginning to equal their energy. 

“I think the bus rides to away games are incredibly fun and energetic,” senior Matthew Giadla said. “When we ride the bus to another school the team always tries to get hype and motivated to play a good game, and when we come back to our school we are (usually) celebrating our wins.” 

The junior varsity team has also picked-up some recent accomplishments, defeating district rival Hinsdale Central on May 5. 

“The best part of HSHS volleyball is the ENERGY,” varsity and junior varsity sophomore Nathan Ockrim said. “We don’t have the biggest team in the conference and are known as the underdogs. A lot of teams underestimate us and when we beat the higher level teams, the win is more worked for. The energy is through the roof and we feel unstoppable!”

With more wins to come, hopefully, the team hopes fans attend upcoming games and support their Instagram account. 

“The social media account is great,” Giadla said. “We often post funny pictures or clips of our games and I think that’s a great part of our team!”