Student News Site of Hinsdale South High School

Stinger

Stinger

Stinger

Protests at Universities
Protests at Universities
Elias Varesis, Staff Writer • May 27, 2024
Students pose for a photo after the 2024 NHS Induction Ceremony.
The Dishonor of NHS
Jeremy Fung, Staff Writer • May 24, 2024
Clockwise from top left: Flags of USA, Pakistan, Taiwan, and Russia
What in the-Elections?
Elias Varesis, Sophia Chen, Issac Choi, and Rohan JoshiMay 20, 2024

Re-releasing of 1989

Re-releasing of 1989

On October 27th, 2014, Taylor Swift released her album called 1989, where many of her biggest hits arose. Currently, she plans on re-releasing the iconic album 1989 because in 2019, Taylor lost her rights to her first 6 albums. The rights of her original albums were sold to Scooter Braun, a mega-manager, and she is only able to re-record her albums 5 years after they’ve been released. As a result,  she’s been re-recording her albums as fast as she can while still putting out new quality songs.

Taylor announced to the public that she was going to rerelease 1989 on August 9th in Los Angeles during The Era’s Tour. 1989 (Taylor’s Version) is going to come out October 27th, on the 9th anniversary of the original release. Along with the re-releases, she will add in songs from “The Vault”, which are unreleased songs she’s written in the past but never put out. Many fans have been waiting for this release, and once this comes out, she’ll only have 1 more album to re-release, Reputation

1989 has many iconic songs, such as “Shake it Off”, which has 3.3 billion views on Youtube. The album has many upbeat songs, such as “Welcome to New York”, ”Style”, and “I Wish You Would”. As she did her 1989 Tour in 2015, she sold 2.9 million tickets! Many of her songs on this album are top hits, with all of them making it on the Billboard 100, but “Shake It Off” takes the crown, taking 1st place on the top 100 for 4 weeks!