Seven TV Shows You Must Watch

Lauren Packard, Culture Editor

With winter and cold weather approaching, spending even more time inside will be inevitable. If you need some more TV shows to binge watch, here are some to help keep you entertained: 

1. Stranger Things

Since the series’ release in 2016, Stranger Things has proved itself to be a classic TV show that everyone can enjoy. Set in a small Indiana town in the 1980s, a group of friends work against an evil force threatening to end the world. The humor, exciting storyline, and memorable characters make it nearly impossible to not binge all of the episodes in one sitting!

1. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon Prime is an underrated masterpiece, to say the least. The series revolves around Midge Maisel, a housewife trying to pursue her dream of being a stand up comedian in 1950s era New York City. The show is packed with quick-witted, raunchy humor that is sure to make anyone laugh hysterically.

1. Supernatural

Supernatural is another show that has you on the edge of your seat the whole time, but still manages to be incredibly funny. The viewers watch brothers Sam and Dean Winchester hunt demons, ghosts, and monsters with their ‘67 Chevy Impala (and the help of a few unexpected allies). The special effects are incredible, and it has 15 seasons making it one of the longest-running shows in the US.

1. Ratched

Ratched is a Netflix series based off of the evil nurse of the same name in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. During her time working at a mental hospital, nurse Mildred Ratched carries out unspeakable acts against patients, and does everything she can to stop anyone in her way. Be warned, the show can be quite graphic! 

1. Mr. Robot

This dark thriller/drama combo leaves viewers on the edge of their seats. The story follows the life of an expert hacker living in New York City as he uses his talent to stop a dangerous, power-hungry company from taking over society. The acting in the series is extremely well done, and so is the lighting and effects which help make the show so suspenseful. 

1. New Girl

This hit comedy series is hilarious, quirky, and is sure to have something for everyone. Zooey Deschanel plays the new girl Jess Day, who moves into an apartment with 3 other guys in San Francisco. The group doesn’t initially get along, but then end up forming an inseparable bond. 

7. Freaks and Geeks

Sometimes an angsty, drama-filled, coming of age is just what you need. Freaks and Geeks is just that: a series about a high school friend group in the early ‘80s and their adventures together before they head off to college. Sure, it’s packed with all of the typical teen show clichés around dating and peer groups, but it really is a fun must-watch for young adults.