One Unique Season

Photo courtesy of VIP

Grace Choi, Editor-in-Chief

November 9, 2020 marked the official end to the first and hopefully the last season of Fall sports in quarantine. Despite the challenge, the seasons for both girls and boys golf, cross country, girls tennis have come to an end with exceptional results. 

Even with the social distancing protocols and policies, the Boys Cross country came to the end of the season with a notable record of 5 wins and 1 loss. The season consisted of 6 races, 1 conference and 1 sectional race. The amount of races had been limited because of the global pandemic; but the team still placed 8th in sectionals. 

The Girls Cross Country team also had a very successful season; the team placed 2nd at conference and was tied for 7th in Sectionals. 

Sophomore runner, Elena Garcia stated,“I’m really proud of my team for pulling through the season, especially because it was during the pandemic,” reflected Elena Garcia, a cross country athlete, showing gratitude towards her teammates. 

With the hard work and dedication of the girls tennis players and coaches, the team advanced to sectionals, and the Varsity team became WSC Gold Conference Champions. 

The girls and boys golf advanced to the 2A Regionals, and the girls placed 6th place. In addition, members of boys golf Billy Gneiser placed 2nd place while Charlie Gneiser placed 21. Junior Dana Euske was also qualified to the IHSA Girls Golf Sectionals.

“I just want to say thank you to the coaches this year, coach Richardson and coach Hoel for helping us out this year! And also a big congrats and best of luck in coach Hoel’s retirement,”shared Billy Gneiser

The first season with social distancing policies brought back unexpected and triumphant results, and many are looking forward to the next seasons to come.